Permits and regulations
- Why have permits and regulations?
- What are permits and regulations?
- Types of permits and regulations
- Accreditation and licenses
- Finding out about permits and regulations
Land managers throughout Australia use a variety of permits and regulations to manage impacts and levels of use by outdoor enthusiasts. Many recreationists regard controls such as permits as an unwanted intrusion into their outdoor recreation experience. The reality is that such permits may help to ensure that the environment we enjoy so much remains in a condition that enables that enjoyment. Outdoor recreation permits might apply to areas of public land (parks, forests, etc.) or to private and semi-private land (plantations, water supply catchments, etc.), if recreation is an accepted use in these areas.