Reporting lost persons
For all persons lost or missing, the police or other authorities will require the following information:
- full name, address and age
- when last seen, where (map name and exact reference) and by whom
- name, address and telephone number of next of kin
- physical and mental condition
- outdoors skills
- knowledge of the area
- clothing worn
- equipment and food carried.
The police will also require brief personal details of the person making the report and information about the trip.