Must be done
- announce toilet areas and requirements for hygiene
- see that all rubbish is either burned or carried out
- see that any fires are totally extinguished before leaving camp
- in huts, replace firewood and clean up before leaving.
Should be done
- announce your plans (include starting time) for the next day
- encourage ‘early-to-bed’ and ‘early-to-rise’
- be good neighbours, if others are camped nearby
- avoid destruction of live vegetation or severe disturbance to ground surface
- leave the area cleaner than you found it
- fill any large holes in the snow which could endanger others
- make sure that everyone gets sufficient food and fluid to sustain energy— especially in adverse conditions.
Might be done
- organise a sing-song or stimulate discussion.