After the trip
Must be done
- make certain that all members of the party arrive at the end
- notify your emergency contacts.
Should be done
- see that every member has transport to get home
- arrange transfers of borrowed gear and return of hired equipment
- collect party equipment
- see that equipment is stored away in correct condition—advise beginners
- complete financial arrangements for the trip
- contact parents or others, if appropriate, if there have been delays or health problems.
Might be done
- organise a film night or trip reunion
- produce a post-trip report or newsletter (especially if required by the club or organisation).
This check list is not absolutely comprehensive. From experience you will develop other points to watch in a given situation. Add these to the list and use it in your preparation for any outdoor trip.